Tuesday, September 27, 2016

His Dream Room

My oldest son loves 6 things.

His brothers, drums, legos, soccer, science and Star Wars.

So, a few years ago, when we were finally ready to admit that it was time to move on from the bedroom of his younger years, he started dreaming. He looked through google images, he went with me to find artwork, he picked out his own comforter. He let me create some art for him (to save us a bundle) and he even helped me with painting the room.

It was a truly delightful project.

We did most of it in Wisconsin so when we were moving I had to ask.

"Do we keep it the same? Do you want to change anything?"

"Mom, this time I want the drums in my room. And I'M going to unpack and put things where I want them."

Well, of course he did. So.

Without further ado, I'm sharing the fun room we enjoyed dreaming and implementing. We added in some new touches after we moved.

Here is what the room looked like when we bought the house (as per the listing picture):

Bedroom in Listing


And here is what it looks like now:

Because why wouldn't a storm trooper have drumsticks?

Science Corner

Brand new bed and art over it created by yours truly

Drums loaned by my amazing friend, Tiff and a dresser befitting a big kid

Needless to say, he's a happy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Enough

  Having to actively fight the perfectionist side of myself while I take these three classes is a true battle. I want the A. Gosh darnit, I ...