Saturday, January 25, 2014

Today is the Day

I woke up this morning with a verse in my head, one that I've had memorized for as long as I can remember.

"This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

Some days it is a chore to remember to rejoice. Some days it is hard to find the gratefulness and the happy. But not today. Today I am rejoicing. The heart-pounding, mind-racing, spontaneous-dancing kind of rejoicing. I am truly glad.

In just over five hours, we will visit you for the last time. And as long as everything goes well in court, we will feed you and change you and take pictures with you to remember this day and we will put you in the car.

Today you come home to your forever home.

And today I rejoice in this long-awaited fulfillment of a dream.

1 comment:

Good Enough

  Having to actively fight the perfectionist side of myself while I take these three classes is a true battle. I want the A. Gosh darnit, I ...